What is Rufus free download? It is a utility that helps format and creates bootable USB flash drives such as USB pen drives, memory sticks, etc. The bootable driver is easier to use when compared with other USB drivers. Likewise, it is about twice as fast and free to download. The most important thing is the Rufus is a portable tool. Therefore, it doesn’t require any installation.
Why do we need it? We use CDs to boot computers and install operating systems. You can’t add more than one bootable OS to one CD. Hence, you have to use multiple CDs for your computer’s boot. After that, developers introduced some portable drivers. They can create boot drivers in USB drivers, like memory chips, pen drivers, etc. Out of most bootable drivers the Rufus free download is the most popular USB bootable driver. Why? It can perform more than a boot in one drive. hence, you can create more boot files in one drive. Now let’s see more points of the USB bootable driver. Here we go;
What is Rufus download?
It is an open-source USB bootable driver. The tool runs only on Windows. However, it can build ISO for Mac, Linux, and other operating systems. The Rufus free download lets you import a new OS to a device without or without incomplete USB systems.
The most beneficial function of the bootable driver is to create an ISO on a USB. Why do we use ISO? We can use ISO to contain a copy that is similar to what is usually on a physical disk. It supports a bootable driver for Windows to compile all the files on a PC or on a DVD for putting them in one ISO format. It will reformat your device when it installs ISO. Where to download it? The software is available on its official website.
What are the features of the software?
Why should you get Rufus free download? It comes with more advanced features than the other USB flash drivers. Now let’s see the advanced features of the software.
- Adds directory help to Rock Ridge
- To write small ISOs to an ESP
- Enhance startup time by running a background check of the ISO download features
- A cheat mode (Ctrl-SELECT) is introduced to extract material from an external zip folder over the ISO.
- Add a cheat mode (Alt-G) to disable the Virtual Hard Disk Collection
- Solve x86 32-bit NTFS driver which is used for UEFI: NTFS
- Improve UEFI: NTFS compatibility with existing UEFI firmware
- Add a cheat mode (Alt-P) ( For Windows 10 only) to convert a GPT ESP to Basic data
- Allow Rufus free executable with ASLR
- Open-source and download Rufus for free
- Create DOS bootable USB sticks
- Check USB media for blocks
- Create BIOS or UEFI bootable drivers
Is Rufus free download safe?
Yes: the bootable flash driver is 100% safe to use. Likewise, it is free from advertisements, banners, or bundled software.
What are the requirements to download it?
- Windows operating systems (Windows 7 and later versions, 32 or 64-bit)
- ISO file
- Rufus latest version download
- USB flash drive (minimum recommended 8GB)
How to download Rufus for Windows?
Here we provide the step guide to get Rufus 2023 download. You can get it following these step guide.
- Open the Rufus free download and connect your USB stick to your Windows PC.
- The bootable driver automatically detects your USB.
- Tap on the device and select the USB you need to use from the drop-down menu.
- Then click the select option after making sure the boot selection option is set to ISO image or Disk.
- The bootable flash driver will open a file explorer browser Window; locate the ISO image you want to burn onto the USB and select it.
- Then create a standard Windows installation Rufus portable download will automatically detect the correct partition scheme based on your device.
- Now provide the Volume label the name of your selection or leave it as it is.
- Once again, leave the default setting for File System and Cluster size.
- Then click the start.
- After that, you will get a warning about any data on the USB will be destroyed Then, click OK and the bootable flash driver will begin creating the ISO image on the USB.
- After creating an ISO image on the USB, you can close it. The Rufus free download is ready to continue.
How to fix the “No bootable device” error?
- Some damaged USB cables or loose cables cause to create the error. Hence, replace those damaged cables with new ones.
- Likewise, to fix the mentioned error, check the BIOS setting. The BIOS is the software that controls the hardware of the PC. To check the BIOS,
- Restart the computer and click the key needed to enter the BIOS setup utility.
- Now look for a setting called “Boot Device Priority” or “Boot Order”
- As the first boot device, select the hard drive.
- Move to the top of the list and save changes; if the hard drive isn’t set as the boot device.
- Finally, exit the BIOS setup utility and restart the computer.
Fix the corrupted Master Boot Record, you will need to connect the Windows OS installation media to your computer and then boot.
- Now set the language and region.
- Click on repair your PC, when the Windows install appears
- Select troubleshoot and then command prompt
- Then type these commands and press enter after each
5. Finally, exit the command prompt and restart your devices.
The Rufus free download is a tool which can create USB bootable drivers on your computer. It is available for Windows OS only. However, it can apply for Mac, Linux, and other operating systems by creating ISOs. Likewise, it is a simple application tool that lets you format and creates a bootable drive. If you want to simply format a USB drive, and install the Operating system on a computer that lacks CD/DVD ROMs the Rufus is the most valuable tool.