Do you know how Linksys extender models RE6400 and RE7000 differ from one another? If the response is “no,” don’t panic; you will learn everything there is to understand about these Linksys repeater gadgets in this post.
How Do RE6400 & RE7000 Work?
The Linksys RE6400 repeater device helps to increase the range of WiFi transmissions through the use of two fixed antennas. Contrarily, the Linksys RE7000 extender assists in removing all dead spots throughout the home and business. Fortunately, establishing a connection between the main router and the Linksys RE700 extension is easy.
Access Both Linksys Extenders
The technique for gaining access to both Linksys extender devices is the same:
- Open a web crawler first on your desktop or mobile device.
- In the URL bar, also include extender.linksys.com.
- Now the Linksys extender login screen will appear on your monitor.
- Then, select the Linksys extender’s model number, and last, provide all the required information.
- Hence, you will be able to log in to your Linksys range extender.
Follow These Steps For RE6400 Installation
- You will require a working power plug.
- The web browser must be accessible from Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- Ethernet requires a single long wire.
- Security standards for wireless networks are shielded.
- It is necessary to know the IP address or default web address.
Prerequisites For Configuring The RE7000 Extender
- Need the Linksys extender with its login credentials.
- You require a plug with an activated electrical outlet.
- You need a valid IP address or website address.
- A longer Ethernet cable is required for a wired connection.
Note: According to my experience, the configuration processes for both Linksys extender devices are the same. The Linksys RE6400 setup method and the Linksys RE7000 installation method will each be described below.
Password-Protect Your Linksys WiFi Repeater
You must set up your Linksys password along with any other Linksys repeater mode setup steps, including the Linksys RE7000 setup. the steps below to generate your Linksys password:
- Open the app on your phone. You will have two options: one is to connect, and the other is to build a new network. Next, select a new network and configure your Linksys hardware there.
- After naming it, click “Save” to include it in the list of active networks. You can start from scratch by choosing “Connect To” and giving the network a new name.
- Click “Save” to complete after naming each field.
- Next, shortly after pressing “Connect To” once more, make sure everything is working as it should.
Change A Login Information
During the Linksys RE6400 setup or installation for additional devices, you may want to reset your password. Follow these steps to change the WiFi extender’s password on your Linksys device:
- Turn on any battery-powered extensions you may have. either by cutting the power to the device or by taking out the battery from the back.
- As a result, your extender’s WiFi network will begin to operate.
- Now, it can be accessed by any device with an internet connection.
- Log in to your router using an administrator account, then select Wireless Settings or Wireless Network.
- Your current WiFi SSID’s name and password should be noted down. In order to save them for later use, write them down somewhere secure.
- Thereafter, linking to your home network won’t be a problem for you.
Linksys RE6400 Extender Installation
- First, locate an electrical outlet and insert the Linksys RE6400 extender power plug.
- The present router must be placed closer to your RE6400 extender.
- Press the WPS button on the primary router once the power LED has stabilized and become steady.
- After a brief interval, press the WiFi-protected system button on the Linksys RE6400 extender.
- Also, a flashing solid blue LED shows that the two devices have connected successfully.
You have now successfully set up your Linksys RE6400.
Connect The Linksys RE7000 Repeater
- Install the Linksys RE7000 power plug initially in a wall outlet.
- Choose a WiFi device from your collection and begin establishing a connection to the Linksys extender network.
- Open the search engine and enter the IP address into the search box, if necessary.
- Go to the login screen and select the lateral procedure starting setup.
- Then, pick the WiFi extender and create a default password.
- After selecting the WiFi extender, type the security passphrase.
- The network name and administrator password should then be created (SSID).
Furthermore, you may easily finish the Linksys RE7000 setup by following the previously provided recommendations. After installation, if you experience any issues with your Linksys repeater equipment, use the suggestions below to fix them.
Reset Your Linksys Device
Just carry out the straightforward directions to finish this process.
- First, take one paper clip to perform the extender’s reset process smoothly.
- At this stage, insert the paperclip into the reset hole button on the Linksys extension.
- After that, wait a short while to make sure all of the LEDs on your extension are off.
- This means that the reset process of your extender device is successful and complete.
Note: Following the reset, you will have to repeat the configuration process.
We anticipate that you are familiar with the necessary login and setup information after reading this page. Know how to troubleshoot a Linksys extender as well. Ping our expert team for assistance if your Linksys extender issue still exists after following the preceding troubleshooting tips.